May Watts PTA
PTA General Membership Meeting
We have our first PTA General Membership Meeting on Monday, September 19 at 7 pm and ALL parents are invited to attend. We will be voting on our budget and talking about all that is going on in the PTA this year! Let’s pack the LMC!
Fall Fun Fair
Back by popular demand! Mark your calendars… The Fun Fair is returning to May Watts! The PTA will be hosting the FALL Fun Fair on October 29th 11am-3pm. Games, prizes, food (pizza, samosas, popcorn), bake sale, cake walk and new this year – a family Pumpkin decorating contest! Click here for more information and volunteer opportunities.
Track and Field – Volunteers Needed!
The 4th and 5th grade students will be competing in a track and field event on Monday, October 3rd. We are in need of many parent volunteers to help make this event a success. There will be 12 different events in which the children will have the opportunity to compete. Each child will be competing in at least 3 events. 4th grade will be from 9:30 to 11:30, and 5th grade will be from 1:00 to 3:00. If you would like to assist with both grades please sign up in each category. The children have been practicing in gym class, so ask them about it! This is a fun event that the children really enjoy, and I think you will as well. Thank you for your help! Please sign up at: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b4dafaf2ba57-4thand2
The Reflections program is a Fine Arts competition sponsored by the National PTA. It encourages children from across the nation to showcase their skills and creativity. The theme for this year’s program is “What is Your Story?” Students are able to generate contest submissions in any or all of the following categories: dance, visual arts, photography, music composition, literature, and film. Students can submit as many projects as they like in as many categories as they like. To see submission guidelines, please visit http://s3.amazonaws.com/rdcms-pta/files/production/public/16-17%20National%20Rules%20Packet.pdf
All entries should be submitted on Friday, October 14th. Materials can be dropped off between 3:45 and 6:15pm. Volunteers will be stationed outside the Main Office to collect your work and your student entry forms. This will be the only time to bring in your work. If you have any questions about the creative process or about the drop off, please contact Sandy Beris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630.416.7738. Click here for the 2016 Reflections student entry form.
Family Movie Night
The May Watts PTA is asking all families to please save the date for our first ever movie night fundraiser scheduled for Friday, October 21. We will be watching The Jungle Book. If you have any questions or would like to volunteer please contact our event chair Matt Jones at email@example.com.
If you’d like to get more involved with PTA this year, we have several chair positions still open. Contact Matt Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like to chair. Thank you!
- Copy Committee Chair – makes copies for PTA fliers on Wednesday afternoons at school. Time commitment varies.
- Fall Fun Fair Game Room Chair – oversees the carnival games setup in gym at 10/29 Fall Fun Fair. Makes sure volunteers have enough tickets, games are working properly and offers breaks to volunteers as necessary.
- Fall Fun Fair Food Chair – oversees food table at 10/29 Fall Fun Fair (pizzas, samosas, popcorn, drinks).
- Partners Fundraising Marketer (Amazon Smile, Others) – we need a parent to take charge of advertising to parents our partners like Amazon Smile where we get a percentage of sales if they mention May Watts.
- Culvers Night Chair – work with the school to schedule a night for teachers to serve at Culvers. DOES NOT need to plan event – just help to get it scheduled with all parties.
- November Teacher Meal Chair – plan meal for 60 staff members at November teacher conferences.
- Multicultural Night Co-Chair – We have a chair, Janice Aeppli, for this event, but need 1-2 additional parents to work with her to plan the evening (food, crafts and entertainment).
- Science Fair Co-Chair – we have a chair, Naveena Ganesan, for this event, but need 1-2 additional parents to work with her to plan the evening (judges, table layout, organization, fliers to kids, planning pre-sessions for kids to get help).
It’s not too late to join the May Watts PTA this year. Fill out the blue PTA Membership Form. Your PTA membership helps to fund all of the events and activities that we provide for your child in school and out. It does not commit you to volunteer (although we would love it if you did!). If you filled out a volunteer sheet (last spring) then your chair should be contacting you when the event(s) gets closer. Until then if you have any questions please contact Carrie Simkins at email@example.com.
September 19 – PTA General Meeting – 7 pm in the LMC – All Invited to Attend – Approve the Budget
September 21 – Curriculum Night
September 30 – Spirit Wear Orders Due
October 3 – Track and Field Event for 4th & 5th Grades
October 14 – Reflections Deadline
October 19 – STEM Night
October 21 – Family Movie Night – The Jungle Book
October 22 – IPEF Naperville Marathon
October 29 – Fall Fun Fair from 11am – 3pm
Watts PTA website
Bookmark this site now and come back often to look for info and updates. We also have a Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/MayWattsPTA?fref=ts