Dine and Donate fundraiser at Chipotle!
Please mark your calendars and take a night off from cooking! We are hosting our next Dine & Donate fundraiser at Chipotle in Downtown Naperville on October 22nd. We are SUPER EXCITED to partner with Chipotle as they will be donating 50% back to our school!! All you need to do is mention May Watts PTA at check out, and show our flyer (attached) as a paper copy or on your phone. Please join us!
- Chipotle Mexican Grill
- 22 E Chicago Ave, Naperville, IL
Any questions: Please contact Bridget McKernan- email@example.com
Fall STEM Night – “Finding STEM Everywhere We Look” – Wednesday October 7 6:00-8:00pm
Join us at May Watts for hands-on STEM workshops from 6:00-7:15pm followed by a presentation on musical acoustics brought to you by The Henhouse Prowlers. http://henhouseprowlers.com/ We’ll have workshops offered by Cosley Zoo, Illinois Benedictine’s Natural History Museum, Dempsey Dodge, Chrysler, & Jeep, Universal Technical Institute, and more. Register by October 1st and pay only $5 per family. You can also pay at the door that evening. Cost at the door is $10 per family.
Questions or concerns?? Contact Sandy Beris (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Did you know that PTA has 60 chair positions open each year? That’s 60 different parents at May Watts who step forward each year to volunteer their time to make our community strong and our kids’ educational experience even more special. Plus, there are hundreds of parents who come forward to help with those events – pre-planning, organizing and executing. Thank you so much to everyone who makes PTA happen! If you’d like to get more involved with PTA this year, we have several chair positions still open. Contact Lisa Kuhn at Lakuhn001@yahoo.com if you have questions or would like to chair. Thank you!
- Fall Movie Night Chair (Movie Night is coming to May Watts – movie on the big screen, concessions – a fun family night!)
- Fall Fundraiser Chair (Distributing information, collecting funds, etc.)
- One School, One Book Chair (Last year, it was Mouse and the Motorcycle. What will you choose this year?)
- Supply Kits 2015-16 Chair (In Spring, work with school to identify items in kits, send info about online ordering and distribute in August.)
- Jump Rope For Heart Chair (Be Mrs. Andrews’ right hand for this American Heart Association fundraiser)
- Talent Show Chair (Produce and direct the spring Talent Show)
Do You Want to Be a Room Parent?!
- Contact the teacher to determine his/her volunteer and supply needs
- Organize a list of classroom volunteers via a flyer
- Set up a supply wish list via teacherlists.com/wishlist and share with class
- Set up volunteer opportunities via signupgenius.com and share with class
- Coordinate &/or assist with classroom parties
- Assist during Teacher Appreciation Week (optional)
- Collect donations for special occasions (winter gift expected)
The theme for 2015-2016 Reflections is
“Let Your Imagination Fly!”
REFLECT on the theme, CREATE art. Be Recognized!
Please consider participating in Reflections this year! Arts are a very important part of our children’s education. Six different categories to choose from – Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Photography, Musical Composition, & Visual Arts!
Founded in 1969, Reflections engages nearly 300,000 students and their families in art education activities each year by encouraging students to explore the arts for fun and recognition.
What do you think? Let your Imagination Fly.
Deadline for entries is Thursday, Oct 1st.
Entry forms and more details at http://www.illinoispta.org/reflections.html
Please contact Audrey Lowe, Reflections Chair
PTA Ice Cream Social
The PTA is off and running already with programs to welcome new families and returning families to the 2015-2016 school year. We hope you had a fantastic summer and are excited about our new school year.
We will kick off the school year with our traditional Ice Cream Social. This is a great way to reconnect with school friends and kick off the new school year. The event will be held on Wednesday, August 26th from 6:30 – 8:00 pm behind the school. Look for more details soon!
Our first PTA General Membership meeting will be on Tuesday, September 15th at 7pm in the LMC. We will be voting to approve our 2015-16 budget, which is available for all members to review HERE. Contact Jen Gladden, PTA Treasurer, with questions.