Do You Want to Be a Room Parent?!
- Contact the teacher to determine his/her volunteer and supply needs
- Organize a list of classroom volunteers via a flyer
- Set up a supply wish list via teacherlists.com/wishlist and share with class
- Set up volunteer opportunities via signupgenius.com and share with class
- Coordinate &/or assist with classroom parties
- Assist during Teacher Appreciation Week (optional)
- Collect donations for special occasions (winter gift expected)
The theme for 2015-2016 Reflections is
“Let Your Imagination Fly!”
REFLECT on the theme, CREATE art. Be Recognized!
Please consider participating in Reflections this year! Arts are a very important part of our children’s education. Six different categories to choose from – Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Photography, Musical Composition, & Visual Arts!
Founded in 1969, Reflections engages nearly 300,000 students and their families in art education activities each year by encouraging students to explore the arts for fun and recognition.
What do you think? Let your Imagination Fly.
Deadline for entries is Thursday, Oct 1st.
Entry forms and more details at http://www.illinoispta.org/reflections.html
Please contact Audrey Lowe, Reflections Chair
PTA Ice Cream Social
The PTA is off and running already with programs to welcome new families and returning families to the 2015-2016 school year. We hope you had a fantastic summer and are excited about our new school year.
We will kick off the school year with our traditional Ice Cream Social. This is a great way to reconnect with school friends and kick off the new school year. The event will be held on Wednesday, August 26th from 6:30 – 8:00 pm behind the school. Look for more details soon!
Our first PTA General Membership meeting will be on Tuesday, September 15th at 7pm in the LMC. We will be voting to approve our 2015-16 budget, which is available for all members to review HERE. Contact Jen Gladden, PTA Treasurer, with questions.